TITLE: Manager – Human Capital
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DIVISION: Eastern Region, Health Services Group
DEPARTMENT: State of New York, New York Medicaid CHOICE Program
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director – Human Capital
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduation from college or university with a degree in Human Resources or related field; minimum 5 years of Human Resources management and administration experience; excellent people management skills; extensive knowledge of personnel practices and employment laws, recruiting, employee relations, regulations and guidelines, negotiating and mediation skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; and proficiency in Excel, HRIS and related systems. Ability and willingness to travel to remote sites.
- Provides overall management of Project Human Capital functions ensuring effective and efficient operations at the project level.
- Ensures Human Capital activities are in compliance with MAXIMUS, Federal, State, and client requirements and communicates these requirements to the Human Capital Staff and management team as needed.
- Represents the project in discussions with Corporate and project staff, vendors, suppliers, and contingency staffing agencies.
- Serves as the primary interface for the coordination of all employee relations and serves as mediator for disputes.
- Responds to unemployment claims and attends disputes as appropriate.
- Investigates grievances and complaints in cooperation with management, MAXIMUS legal counsel, and contingency staffing agencies as appropriate.
- Creates, tracks, and submits reports relating to Human Capital functions such as, but not limited to, disciplinary actions, EEOC/ADA requirements, exit interviews, project surveys, turnover reports, work site injuries, recruiting, etc.
- Develops, delivers and/or coordinates training seminars under the guidance of Corporate Human Capital and Project management.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Manager – Human Capital, cont’d
- Recommends changes to policies and procedures in compliance with contract and participates in the design and update of Project office policy and procedure manuals.
- Provides analysis of proposed policies to project management as needed.
- Provides advice to management on administrative issues including Human Capital conflicts, workflow, employee job performance, and adherence to Corporate and contract policies and procedures.
- Identifies operational areas of need in the central and field offices and develops recommendations for improvement.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with the client, management, project staff, and contingency staffing vendors.
- Researches, recommends, and develops staff recognition programs for all staff.
- Facilitates the Focal Point review process.
- Serves as the liaison to corporate HR on all employment relations and benefitsadministration questions and concerns.
- Ensures that project and HC staff are kept informed of changes in benefits coverage and other related HR issues.
- Conducts interviews and participates on interview panels, as necessary.
- Supervises HC staff on all administrative functions, recruiting, employee onboarding, benefits administration, attrition reporting, and quality control of all HC transactions.
- Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position.