TITLE: Manager – Accounting
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DIVISION: Eastern Region, Health Services Group
DEPARTMENT: State of New York, New York Medicaid CHOICE Program
POSITION REPORTS TO: Project Director – Project / Program (Admin)
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business or accounting. Equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree, in which case at least a high school diploma or equivalency is required; three-to-five years of experience in general ledger, financial analysis/budgeting, forecasting, invoicing, accounting, and financial systems maintenance; ability to work independently and interact successfully with project staff and subcontractors; ability to communicate financial data effectively; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and knowledge of Microsoft Access and spreadsheet software. Knowledge of and/or experience working with governmental accounting, project scheduling and management methods, and contract compliance processes preferred.
- Prepares financial forecasts, updated monthly with actual results and new project forecasts.
- Analyzes variances from forecast.
- Logs all approved invoices into project accounting system log.
- Prepares management summary reports.
- Prepares all invoices and organizes all audits for NYSDOH.
- Forecasts billings and performs all activities associated with accounts payable.
- Analyzes specific project accounts for overruns and resource allocation.
- Produces a monthly-automated year-to-date profit and loss statement.
- Audits all invoices related to the project to assure that all goods and services have been received and are satisfactory, and ensures appropriate approvals.
MANAGER – ACCOUNTING
JOB DESCRIPTION (cont’d)
- Tracks status of project task (critical task list and the like) and reports the status to the Project Manager.
- Develops and maintains database of contract compliance requirements and the status of the requirements.
- Functions as primary liaison for internal and external financial audits.
- Prepares Contract Information Forms (CIFs) and Project Abstracts.Revises as needed.
- Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position.
- 15. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.