Position Title: Diesel Mechanic Department: Maintenance Department
Diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul buses and all types of diesel engines. Includes mechanics working primarily with automobile diesel engines.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Align front ends and suspension systems
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges in order to diagnose malfunctions
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating conditions
- Inspect, repair and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose, malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges
- Operate valve-grinding machines to grind and reset valves
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Raise buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Rebuild gas and/or diesel engines
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears and valves
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and repair accessories
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
- Specializes in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems
- Test drive buses to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pass on to all who may be interested.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR HEROES!