The Service Desk Technician is responsible in providing support to our divisions and business units as an initial point of contact for the customer base. Technicians’ triage, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve IT related support issues and dispatch and monitor incident and service tickets as necessary (i.e. software applications, hardware support, Telecom, Internet, executive support services, etc.). This includes accurately recording and dispatching service and incident tickets in a professional and polite way and escalating calls to the appropriate parties.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: .
Provides telephone support for all computer-related requests and issues for the end user community.
- Properly diagnoses technical issues (i.e.: hardware, software, LAN issue etc.)
- Troubleshoots all standard applications in the application portfolio.
- Troubleshoots all issues concerning network, AS/400, email rights and access.
- Process new ID account requests, changes, and deletions.
- Escalates calls to proper third level support groups.
- Monitors open call tickets on a daily basis to ensure that all requests are being handled in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between business communities and our IT.
- Operates within a team while maintaining the skill set to work autonomously.
- Prioritizes multiple issues and completes tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adapts and utilizes existing hardware and software knowledge in a dynamically changing environment.
- Strives to increase customer satisfaction levels by:
- Answering Service Desk calls as quickly as possible to minimize hold times.
- Resolving as many customer requests on initial contact as possible.
- Demonstrating friendly and professional phone manner/ demeanor.
- Communicating technical subject matter in a non-technical fashion.
- Demonstrating efficient problem solving skills.
- Demonstrating a strong ability to follow through.
- Demonstrating interpersonal skills to handle crisis situations when they arise.
- Demonstrating skills to deal with stress and pressure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum two (2) years related experience in a service desk environment
- Strong customer service orientation including positive attitude and excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 2000/XP).
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, including Outlook/Exchange (Office 2003 and 2007).
- Strong knowledge of Service Desk ticketing software (i.e. Service-Now, HEAT, Magic Service Desk).
- Strong knowledge of PC and MAC based systems (desktops and laptops) and related hardware (printers, scanners, etc).
- Ability to troubleshoot remote access technologies (i.e. VPN, Citrix, and Blackberry).
- Ability to independently troubleshoot new technologies as they emerge (including software).
- Proven track record of being detail oriented, with outstanding follow-through.
- Able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
Please send inquiries and resumes to: Nperito@hireds.com