A Fortune 250 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases,
high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is
seeking a Driver (CDL A or B) to join their team.
responsible for safely and efficiently operating a local route delivery vehicle
to deliver hard goods, cylinder gas and associated products to customer
locations. This Driver opportunity is
1st shift and Drivers are home nights and weekends.
This Driver role is physically demanding
(will be responsible for loading/unloading at client sites) and requires
attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. Drivers
also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond
to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with
company and DOT Guidelines.
- The Driver provides a high standard of Customer Service while delivering hard goods, various size and packages of compressed gas cylinders to customers, this includes unloading of products and movement to customer use point, followed by reloading the returned empty cylinders to the vehicle
- Conducts and reports pre-trip and post-trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervision
- Identifies need for repairs and/or maintenance to vehicles and is accountable for ensuring the maintenance or repairs are accomplished with a minimum of disruption to the operation
- Operates a variety of equipment and regularly interfaces with both internal and external customers
- Driving represents approximately 30 % of the Driver’s day, remaining portion of the day is taken up by other activities including; delivery, cylinder handling, shipping orders/ paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
- Route driver responsible for delivery to all types of Industrial, Service, Educational and Medical customers
- Responsible for counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions
- Completes Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
- Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and PDI standards
- Handheld computers are used for conducting customer transaction paperwork as well as compliance needs such as Hazmat preparation, vehicle inspection reports, load report, trip reports etc.
- Drivers follow a computer generated Route and Sequence delivery plan.
Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair’s
No preventable accidents, license suspensions, alcohol related violations or other moving violations in the past 3 years
A current medical examiner’s certificate
The appropriate license for the type of vehicle to be operated and the applicable endorsements, CDL A or B is required
High School or G.E.D. is required
The ability to read and write in English (or French where required by law)
Must be 21 years or older
Locations positions are available for:
For more information or for consideration please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org